Wednesday, June 6, 2012

DIY Sticker Storage "Carousel"


I was looking at the ATC Carousels from 7 gypsies website and was enthralled with the idea of having one!
Unfortunately, my wallet was not as enthused :(  
But I am a huge fan of all of their products and have been using their embellishments and collage items for quite a few years now. So, I figured they would forgive me for taking this detour and making my own home-made version of their carousel to organize my sticker collection.

Below is what I came up with:

Pardon my messy craft table ......





I originally was going to make a one-tier carousel, but I found a plant stand in the back yard that,
when placed under the first tier set-up I had made, fit perfectly to provide a second tier to hold the longer stickers.


Below is what I started with to create my first tier of the carousel:


A wood plaque to serve as a stand, a wire coffee cup holder, the top wire-circle with the black frame of a kit I found for $5 on clearance (the rest of the kit was missing), and a dowel to fit the hole in the middle of the black frame.




 I drilled a hole the size of the dowel in the wood plaque and wood-glued the dowel inside. Then I placed the coffee cup holder on and the wire-circle and frame on the dowel so all three would sit and be stable on top of the plaque. To hold the dowel tighter, I cut it a 1/2 inch from the top of the black frame and. after drilling a small hole down into the top, I screwed a pink-diamond drawer pull from Michaels into it!
I used badge clips on top, and pick circled paper-clips with binder clips on bottom to attach stickers- I also found some black separators you can see on the top-tier to separate the stickers into categories.





It's amazing how much better I can work when I am organized and know exactly what items I have to use!!! ** Let me know if you have any construction questions on this project!!**

Till next time,
    wicked jypsi

No comments:

Post a Comment