Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Mini Beading Loom Tutorial...travel size!!

On my recent trip to Florida I wasn't able to bring all my craft supplies, but I knew I would want to do some beading during some down time between Disney park visits....

So I decided to make a mini travel-sized loom to take and I wanted to share the process with you:


Supplies:

Wood pieces 1" thick cut to desired size (I cut one piece 3" width by 6"length, and two smaller pieces each 3" width by 1.5"-approx.-in length)

2 Eye Screws, 4" bolts, two wing nuts to fit bolts

Wood Stain (if desired)

Wood Glue and 2 clamps to secure while drying

Drill, Sand paper or electric sander


First, cut your wood to dimensions listed in supply section above:



Next, if desired, sand edges and surface of wood till smooth and stain with wood stain in desired shade:




When the stain has dried, use wood glue to connect the 2 smaller pieces to the top side ends of larger wood piece and add clamps to hold in place while drying as shown:


After the glue has dried, drill 4 holes into the each end of the two smaller wood pieces- as shown:


Add the eye screws to each of the 4 holes and use the bolts to screw them in tight:




Add bolts through the eye screws and secure with wing nuts on both ends:

Add two nails to each outer edge (if desired - not shown) to use to secure thread when threading the loom....

 There you have it. A mini bead loom to take along with you!

Let me know if anything is unclear in comment section and I will get right back to you. Also, if you want to make a larger loom, check out my other tutorial Here!

Till next time,

Wicked jypsi

No comments:

Post a Comment